Thursday, March 13, 2008

Honeymoons

My favorite topic! I love to travel, and have been lucky enough to have seen many parts of this beautiful world, so I enjoy assisting my clients in selecting their honeymoon destinations.

There are so many places to choose, it's almost overwhelming at the beginning. When working with a client, I start with how they like to relax. Do they go hiking, skiing and scuba diving, OR do they go to the beach? In other words, are they active or more laid back? Another question I ask is whether they want to go sightseeing on their honeymoon, or want to go to a resort where everything is included and they don't have to leave the property. Also, do they want to stay within the US, or travel abroad?

Based upon their responses and budget, I make recommendations for places for them to consider. Beach bum? Think Mexico, the Caribbean or Hawaii. Sightseers -- Europe or South America. Adventurists, how about an African Safari? Resort-lovers should look at Sandals or even a cruise. Exotic locale? Try Bora Bora (where I spent my honeymoon), Australia or Asia.

Once we zero in on a location, I usually recommend a travel agent to help them with their booking. While online booking engines certainly can be expedient, I've found that, especially with a honeymoon, getting that personal touch with insider knowledge really enhances the experience! After all, your wedding day is filled with professionals - shouldn't your honeymoon be as well?

Until next time, happy planning...

No comments: