Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Masters of Reception"


Wedding reality shows. They are EVERYWHERE! Bridezillas, Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?, Platinum Weddings, A Wedding Story, GetMarried - the list is endless. I have to be honest, I used to watch these shows with avid attention. Or was it rabid?! I couldn't get enough of them; I almost considered them to be "research"!

But probably a year ago, I just stopped watching them. Don't get me wrong, if a friend of mine was featured on a show, I'd make a special effort to watch (at least most of the show). I think I felt a bit jaded on the shows, with their "made-up" dramas - or, if they weren't made up, they were just pathetic. And, for the sake of the show, someone always was made out to be the villain. Be it the wedding planner, bride, groom, maid-of-honor or perennial favorite, mother of the bride, someone was cast as the bumbling fool of the show. Or extravagant for extravagant's sake. Whenever I was asked to do one of these shows, I always declined as drama is one of the major things I try to avoid on wedding day!

So, when my friends at Frungillo Catering announced they were the subject of TLC's new wedding reality TV show, "Masters of Reception," I dutifully watched the premiere episode. For some reason, it struck me as being new and fresh! Of course, the Frungillo brothers are the center of the show, but instead of casting a villain in the show, they are the wedding heroes! Again, a bit oversimplified but it's so nice to see a show with truly happy couples versus in-fighting and drama.

In my Wedding Trends column, I offered my opinion of this show. Check it out at http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/style/njs-frungillo-caterers-stars-of-masters-of-reception-on-tlc. (ps-The photo in this blog entry is of Ben Frungillo, me and Jerry Frungillo at an event that I coordinated a couple of years ago.)

Until next time, happy planning!

No comments: