Monday, April 2, 2007

The Purrfect Day

I'm going to go slightly off wedding-topic today and write about something else that's near and dear to my heart: my 3 cats. Yesterday was Nutmeg & Phantom's 4th birthdays (they are litter mates). Mr. Whiskers' birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks; he'll also be 4. These 3 cats really give me and my husband a run for our money -- always trying to get into places they know they're not supposed to go, hiding when they know we want them to come out, playing shy around our friends. But they are great companions, sitting on our laps and purring at the end of a hard day. And boy can they sleep!

We were very fortunate because we - luckily - hadn't fed the cats with the tainted pet food that's been in all the headlines lately. Of course, our cats didn't even know of the health scare and have continued on their merry, mischievous ways. In fact, Mr. Whiskers is literally lying across my arms as I try to type this blog!

But I think we can learn a lot from our pets. Speaking on behalf of my 3 cats, they are most contented when they are around the people that they love, and who love them back. They are not afraid to show affection, and be playful. They don't worry about what can go wrong, but rather fully enjoy what is right, in the moment. So, take a cue from 3 cats in New Jersey, and appreciate what's going right in your lives, leaving for another hour the hassles with the reception site, caterer or musician! After all, there's no need "to save up all the fun" for your wedding day -- go out and enjoy just being with your fiance right now!

Until next time, happy planning ...

No comments: