Monday, May 7, 2007

Of birthdays and parties

Well, allow me to go slightly off-topic today and talk about my weekend - which did not include any wedding-related activities. In fact, I didn't even turn on my computer the whole weekend! You see, it was my birthday on Friday and I celebrated all weekend long. On Friday, my husband Mike took me out to see Spiderman 3 and then we went to a club with a bunch of friends from our dojo (where we both practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu). Saturday, we had a big party at our house - some friends who live in Virginia and Maryland stayed over. After a fun brunch, they left and my husband and I drove to my Mom's and went out to dinner with them. Boy, am I tired!!

Sometimes, though, you just have to stop and enjoy your friends and family - rather than only planning for the future! (You knew I'd have to tie this post into wedding planning somehow, right?!) I had so much fun with my long-time friends, some of whom I've known since the 3rd grade. There also were surprises, like when my BJJ sensei stopped by with some of his friends, including Rigan Machado (8th degree black belt and world champion). Not to mention Mike's beautiful present of a charm bracelet. It was a wonderful weekend!

As a wedding planner, I am constantly planning, making lists, attending meetings and offering advice. It's so easy to get wrapped up in thinking about your wedding day, planning for it and dreaming of it, that you miss all the little things going on around you. So, in this Spring, pick a day and just enjoy all that nature has to offer. Turn off your cell, leave your computer behind, and have fun. You'll be all the more recharged come Monday, and have great memories that make you smile!

Until next time, happy planning ....

No comments: