Friday, January 9, 2009

Services & Fees

I just did something a bit radical in the wedding industry. Not many wedding consultants have done this, but for many reasons I felt I needed to do it. Mary Dann, a celebrity wedding planner in California with whom I met during the annual Association of Bridal Consultants conference, encouraged me to join her. So, now I went ahead and posted my Services and Fees on my website!

Why do something a bit outside the box? First, I thought it would provide some information to newly engaged couples like yourself as to the range of pricing for wedding consultants in the northern NJ area. There are so many TV programs that show how wedding planners help a couple throughout the planning process, and probably many of you think that because it's on TV that you cannot afford much needed help. By listing my services and fees, I wanted to take the mystery out of this process.

Second, I wanted to show you how many valuable services a wedding planner provides. As a newly engaged couple, you may not realize how much is involved in planning a wedding - as many as 120 decisions are made during the course of your engagement!

Third, when I started Bride Ideas back in 2002, I made the decision to charge a flat fee depending upon the services my clients needed, and not upon whether the reception is at The Pleasantdale Chateau, Stirling Ridge or The Bethwood. I also do not charge my vendors to be recommended by me, or take a commission from them when my recommendation is hired. In fact, I ask that if a commission is offered, that it be given to my client as a "Bride Ideas' discount." That's my philosophy.

Please know that I am not trying to make a "commodity" out of wedding consulting services. There is a range of pricing on Bride Ideas' site, as the exact amount can only be determined after we have an initial meeting and all of the details are discussed. Of course, custom packages are often created based upon your individual needs! I am here to help guide couples on their way down the aisle, and felt it was time that I lifted the veil, so to speak, on Bride Ideas' services and fees. I hope it helps!

Until next time, happy planning...

No comments: