Monday, July 16, 2007

Bride Ideas Turns 5!

It's so hard for me to believe that Bride Ideas is now in its 5th year of helping engaged couples on their way to being married!

Back in 2002, I was working full-time as an attorney in a large NJ law firm in its civil litigation department. I was not happy with my job - stressed all of the time and not feeling any fulfillment even when my client won and, with my help, actually was paid $2 million. I just didn't get any satisfaction out of my job. So, I returned to the exploration of wedding planning as an alternate career. I had started this research a few years before when I was getting married in 1998, but at that time, we were just buying a house and I had only been practicing law for 4 years in NYC. Fast-forward to 2002 and the time seemed right to make the move!

I created Bride Ideas in July of 2002 and began taking a correspondence course from the Association of Bridal Consultants. I attended a couple of one-day seminars and in November attended the 3-day national conference for the Association of Bridal Consultants which was held in Phoenix that year. I did all of this while maintaining my full-time position as an attorney and billing the required 180 hours a month. When it came time for me to start working with my first bride, I was very lucky - she was another attorney at my firm who agreed to keep my secret while I helped her plan her wedding!

Since then, I "went public" at the law firm - and went to part-time status for a while before finally leaving altogether in 2004. Believe me, I never looked back! I find helping you, guiding you, recommending new ideas to you, all the while being creative yet very detail oriented to be my calling. I feel like a million bucks when my brides walk down the aisle (on time!), looking absolutely radiant, knowing that the only thing she has to remember is to say "I do!"

So, looking back on the first 5 years of Bride Ideas is fun - especially since I can see how far I've come. But I'm more excited looking ahead to all of the new and wonderful people that I will meet and assist along their wedding journey! Like you!

Until next time, happy planning...

No comments: