Sunday, July 8, 2007

What to Expect at Your Initial Meeting with Bride Ideas

I'm so happy to meet you! During our initial meeting, we'll discuss a variety of things -- your hopes and dreams for your wedding, where you are in your wedding planning process, even how you met! I try to ask questions that allow me to begin to get to know both of you, and your preferences for your big day. Do you want a band or a DJ? Have you thought about a color scheme? Believe me, there are no right or wrong answers to my questions - even "I don't know" is perfectly right! I treat this initial meeting as a "getting acquainted" session.

And while I'm getting to know you both, you are getting to know me as well. I'll admit it right here in print: I'm a terrible, horrible saleswoman! I don't try to do the hard sell, because I hate that done to me. I don't try to scare you into thinking you can't live without me for the next year while planning your wedding. Pretty much what you see is what you'll get from me during your engagement period. I'm pretty low key with a good sense of humor. I try to give you all the options and then let you choose how you want to go. I'm not the Wedding Police, but I do let you know the "proper" way to do things - then let you decide whether to ignore etiquette's rules. During this meeting, I'll also go over the packages that I've developed over the years and give you all the options to create your own custom package of services from me.

I love meeting with prospective clients - because I know that, hopefully, we'll soon begin planning your wedding and I'll get to know another wonderful couple embarking upon the most exciting journey of their lifetime. I feel that I can offer a stress-free planning and wedding (well, as stress-free as possible!), and I truly want to share my knowledge with you. So, when we meet and I say that I'm happy to meet you, I hope that you know I'm being sincere!

Until next time, happy planning...

No comments: